Want to create the perfect equipment? Asking yourself where your precious gems would go? asking yourself how to create sockets on Age Of Titans? Look no further! We’ve just got what your need!
What are sockets for?
Before anyone can utilize the power locked within a gem into a desired equipment, the process of drilling sockets must be performed first. Sockets created on a piece of gear allows players to successfully insert a piece of gem into it, unlocking its powers.
What Are Drilling Spinel Fragments?
Age of Titans Drilling Spinel fragments are small pieces of a specific drilling spinel, these fragments can never be used in the process of drilling sockets, instead this can be fused to form 1 complete drilling spinel when players accumulate at least 10 fragments.
How to Fuse Drilling Spinel Fragments?
- Open your bag or inventory menu
- Locate the drilling spinel fragments
- Make sure the specific drilling fragment (I,II or III) has at least 1o pieces
- Highlight on the fragment and right click on it
- You will receive a system notice upon successful creation a drilling spinel
- You can find the complete drilling spinel on your bag
- There is no failure rate on creating drilling spinels from fragments
How To Create Sockets?
To successfully create a socket into an equipment, the following should be prepared first:
- Drilling Spinel – This may vary on the current equipment level you want to drill in
- Drilling Spinel I – Equipment Level 1 – 39
- Drilling Spinel II - Equipment Level 40 – 69
- Drilling Spinel III – Equipment Level 70 – 99
- Gold Cards or Coins – We still need to pay
- A little luck on your side Drilling sockets can still fail!
Lets Make Some Holes
Now that we have all that we need, lets start creating sockets!
- Prepare the materials and equipment on your bag or inventory you want to drill a socket in Age of Titans
- Depending on the current equipment level, highlight on the appropriate drilling spinel
- Access the drilling menu remotely by simply right clicking on the drilling spinel itself or by speaking to Sky City NPC Sarbanes.
- The drilling of sockets menu should pop up
- On your bag/inventory menu, carefully drag the item you wish to drill sockets into the “Insert Equipment” box.
- Once placed, the insert drilling spinel box should automatically contain the appropriate drilling spinel needed, if it is found on your inventory.
- You can also see the cost needed in gold cards for the drilling process
- To initiate the drilling process, click on “Drill” button
- There is still a margin of error in drilling sockets (70% chance of success)
- You will receive a system notice if the drilling process is either complete or has failed
- Once successful, the socket can now readily be used for inserting gems [See: How to insert gems on a socket in Age Of Titans]
- Take note of the type of socket color you’ve created
- You can create a maximum of 3 sockets for each type of equipment
- Drilling sockets receive a random color
- You cannot reset the type of socket color you have created
What Are Socket Colors For?
Socket color represents a special type of gem to be inserted to achieve a “Perfect Socketing” bonus. Remember that this is not necessary at all, specially for those with a tight budget.
4 Types of Socket Colors:
- Red Sockets – For Ruby Gems
- Blue Socket – For Sapphire Gems
- Yellow Socket – For Topaz Gems
- White Socket – No Preference (Usually found on old equipment just before the server patch)
Visit Our Age Of Titans Wiki
This brings an end to our How To Create Sockets On Age Of Titans Guide, please feel free to visit our our GamerVilla Age of Titans database for more articles, guides and tips!
Incoming search terms:
- how to perfect socketing in age of titans
- age of titans gives an error
- how to get a perfect socketing at age of titans
- lord of pit in age of titans error
- perfect socketing in age of titans